2015-06: fixed "display" URLs for Google and GeoHack. 2014-04: new version with minor improvements (around GPS Visualizer interface).
lat/lon, UTM or MTM to Google maps (and others) interface
The conversion application on its own with short instructions (below).
See utmgoogle.htm for full usage notes,
and utmgoogleappQC.htm for a version supporting MTM for Quebec only.
Previous version of this page is here.
Usage in short:
- Select a different ellipsoid if needed. Note that "Display" to the maps only works with the WGS-84 ellipsoid!
- Select UTM or MTM if you are interested in the conversion or
inputting of UTM or MTM data. MTM is for Canada only.
If using MTM, you can specify an
explicit reference meridian (otherwise, leave blank). See
here for some extra notes on MTM.
- Enter geographic coordinates in either lat/lon group, or
in easting/northing/zone (xTM) group.
- Lat/lon: accepts various formats: "[+|-] deg [min [sec]]",
spaces and non numeric characters are ignored.
If no sign is used, then set the N/S and W/E fields to the right as
appropriate (defaults to North America). Eg.
· 45° 30' 43.8" (needs explicit N)
· + 45 30.73 (implicit N)
· -73.54574 (implicit W)
- xTM group: enter the values in meters (no spaces or letters),
specify the zone number (gore), and, for UTM, the zone letter.
- If you wish to display the location, select display options (map, window).
- Click the "Calculate" (convert) or "Display" button of the group where
you entered your geographic data. In both cases, the cut-and-paste
fields at the bottom will be updated.
There is also a bulk xTM to lat/lon conversion tool on the full page.
Version 3.8 Apr 2014.
If there are any problems or suggestions, please contact me:
(français, English, Deutsch).
If you wish to support this work, you can make donations via PayPal.