2015-06: fixed "display" URLs for Google and GeoHack. 2014-04: new version with minor improvements (around GPS Visualizer interface).
lat/lon, UTM or MTM to Google maps (and others) interface
The conversion application on its own with short instructions (below).
See utmgoogleQC.htm for full usage notes,
and utmgoogleapp.htm for a version supporting MTM across Canada.
Previous version of this page is here.
Usage in short:
- Select a different ellipsoid if needed. Note that "Display" to the maps only works with the WGS-84 ellipsoid!
- Select UTM or MTM if you are interested in the conversion or
inputting of UTM or MTM data. MTM is for Quebec province only.
- Enter geographic coordinates in either lat/lon group, or
in easting/northing/zone (xTM) group.
- Lat/lon: accepts various formats: "[+|-] deg [min [sec]]",
spaces and non numeric characters are ignored.
If no sign is used, then set the N/S and W/E fields to the right as
appropriate (defaults to North America). Eg.
· 45° 30' 43.8" (needs explicit N)
· + 45 30.73 (implicit N)
· -73.54574 (implicit W)
- xTM group: enter the values in meters (no spaces or letters),
specify the zone number (gore), and, for UTM, the zone letter.
- If you wish to display the location, select display options (map, window).
- Click the "Calculate" (convert) or "Display" button of the group where
you entered your geographic data. In both cases, the cut-and-paste
fields at the bottom will be updated.
There is also a bulk xTM to lat/lon conversion tool on the full page.
Version 3.8 Apr 2014.
If there are any problems or suggestions, please contact me:
(français, English, Deutsch).
If you wish to support this work, you can make donations via PayPal.